How to lower chlorine?

Jul 6, 2013
In the near future I am going to do an AA treatment. My chlorine is currently 5.0 with all other chemicals in balance. How do I lower chlorine prior to treatment? Should I turn off the SWG for a week or so?

Is there a link anywhere detailing how much sequestrant to add after the treatment and the amount to use to maintain afterwards?

Do you have to take your water to a pool store to test metals in the future or is there a home test?

Normally you just stop adding chlorine and the sun will lower it for you. There are a couple of chemicals that will lower chlorine if you are in a hurry.

For sequestrant, follow the directions on the sequestrant you buy. They vary a little from brand to brand.

Home tests are available for metals, though they are mildly expensive. For example look for the iron and copper tests here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.