MA drip for SWG?

Xexys

May 11, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
My SWG is toast. I find myself getting a whole new system (Heliocol) and they offer a Muriatic Acid drip to keep the cell clean. The drip system costs an extra $200. Basically, you drill a hole in the top of the gallon jug and put a suction cup drip line in. The SWG will be positioned in an "up and down" configuration to allow for the drip line. If I follow all the advice on this forum to keep my pool clean, is this worth the extra cost?

Unless you have very high TA or high CH fill water you shouldn't have any problems keeping the SWG cell calcium free. With high TA and/or CH fill water it gets a lot more problematic and that feature might be worth it.

Not sure of the rate or what controls it. I really didn't like the idea that was pitched. Thought I'd post it here for you gurus to find out what you think. My CH isn't all that hard, and my TA is controllable so I don't think I'd get this gadget.

If you have a pH controller that can be calibrated, then it may be ok. That is how I use my Simpool and it is calibrated every other month with a neutral solution but it uses a peristaltic pump when pH rises above desired range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.