Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Level concrete slab to put pool on?

1. Back To Top    #1

Level concrete slab to put pool on?

Our pool plans last year went bust. So no pool for us. We still have our pool, but I was curious about something. Our ground is level, but could we have a concrete slab poured and leveled and put the pool on that? I could have a pathway extended right up to the back deck stairs at the same time. No grassy feet for us, if that is actually a possibility. And if we upgraded to a metal fame pool like a Paradise in the future, could it also be set up on that slab?
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Level concrete slab to put pool on?

I have no idea if it's recommended, but my cousins had a 12' x36" pool on their patio when we were little kids, and it worked. I'll tell you from hard experience, no diving! The thin vinyl liner didn't cushion the impact at all.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Level concrete slab to put pool on?

We have no plans for diving. The 52 depth wouldn't allow for that anyway. It is basically enough to float around or swim some in. Mainly to just keep cool in the crazy humid Tennessee summers. And if we retired the pool someday, the concrete slab would already be there for a shop floor. I'm thinking multi purpose on the slab idea. Or even built a carport top on it later to put the boat under. Just thinking of future uses too.
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter