TF-100 Test Kit Results on pond water Update results 5/29/14

THANKS!!!!!

Do you see anything alarming in the test results? Is this going to be a huge hurdle to get this to crystal clear water and ready to swim? Is it going to take tons of chemicals to get it balanced?

The kids are now on summer break and they can hardly wait.

WE GOT CIRCULATION!!!!!!

Even though we don't have enough water to get up to the skimmer and return we have hooked up some temporary flexible hose to the hard plumbing and we managed to get our pump and filter running. We had a little trouble getting the pump to prime and get a full draw of water, but we eventually got it. We had filled the pump up and even filled the flexible hose and the rigid piping on the intake side to try and help get it primed. We had also filled the sand filter up to the level of the sand to get the sand to settle nicely down in to the filter.

At first we weren't getting anything to register on the pressure gauge, but after it had run for about 5 minutes or so we were starting to get about 5 lbs of pressure registering on the gauge.

This has been such an exhausting project. We are do it yourself type of people, but we have really struggled with getting this one done. We can only hope that we are on the down hill side and everything that can go wrong is now behind us. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

OK, here are a couple of photos as requested.

Please disregard all the bits and pieces that are unfinished. We spend every minute out there we can, we just get so far on something and then realize we are missing some parts or some screws or something is broken. We are so thankful to have a well stocked local pool store.

So, here is a link to some photos........

Pump has been running approx. 36 hours and I don't see any difference. Am I being impatient? It still looks rather stagnant. The pressure on the pump only got to about 18 and was holding there so I did a backwash and the pressure dropped to 10.

Hubby and son are camping with the Scouts this weekend so we won't be able to get any more water in there.

Is there anything else I can do? I am going to run to town later today to get some of the stabilizer that was recommended. I can pick up some other stuff if I need to. I have seen some people talking about brushing their pools. I don't have a brush. Is this something WalMart would have?

THANKS for the help!!!

A couple more thousand gallons put in yesterday and today. It seems like such slow progress. We also managed to get the rest of the uprights set up and the top rails put on and secured.

Tonight hubby installed a Pentair Aqualuminator that is a light and also the return all in one. Not sure if we have it adjusted correctly, the spray seems to be rather strong and kind of all over the place. It will be beneath the water line, so I don't think it will matter, but for now it is still above our water line.

Hubby also used the inspiration from this thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/75292-My-20-fountain and installed a fountain for us. Of course, I had to challenge him a little and have him drill two sets of holes at different angles so we have a high fountain and also a lower fountain.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the pool with the pool brush that I found at WalMart. Sure did stir up a bunch of junk and made the filter work pretty hard. I tried to find some of the CYA/conditioner/stabilizer at WalMart also, but I was not able to find anything.

Some of the water we added tonight was from the bulk water station so it has some chlorine in it. I will wait another day or two before I test the water again.

I am open for suggestions as to what else I can be doing until we can get the water up to the skimmer level.

THANKS!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.