Tracking down an o-ring for this lid...lil' help?

Apr 24, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hello there knowledgeable pool folks - when I bought this house, the pool guy recommended I replace the o-ring in my in-ground leaf canister, which sits in the plumping just before the pump. The problem is, I cannot track down the right o-ring and there isn't much in the way of identifying information on the lid or canister. All the lid reads is "A&A Manufacturing" on one side and "Patent #6022481" on the other. The canister itself doesn't have anything on it.

Doing a search for "patent 6022481" leads me to the A&A website, but the trail ends there - it doesn't reference a specific lid or part that I see. I get lost in the actual patent itself.

I found this part online, which I am 80% sure is correct...but not enough to order it.
http://www.aapopups.com/a-a-leafvac-lid-o-ring-523979/

I also contacted the website using the "contact us" form, and a gentleman replied and recommended I come into the store since it is less than 10 miles from here. I did, and I took the lid and lined up every o-ring they had - none fit. They had quite a few of them but no luck. The woman working at the store didn't seem very familiar with the brand, and out of the 100+ rings they did have, I saw only one that read "A&A Manufacturing".

Can anyone confirm my suspicion or point me in the right direction?

Here's a pic in case I'm misstating anything, which is very possible.

View attachment 29472

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.