Help me get my pool as clear as my dad did

May 19, 2014
South Jersey
My father used to be the master mind of maintaining our pool but I no longer have his help. I'm not very familiar with pool maintenance other than the basics like backwashing it and keeping it clean.

We have a saltwater pool with a DE Filter that was opened about 4 days ago and it has turned green with algae. It rained a lot the other day and the pool became overfilled so I let out water and I also backwashed it. I also tested the salt concentration this morning and bought enough to bring it up to 3500 ppm but I have not put the salt in the pool yet. I noticed that the the skimmers and jets weren't running so I cleared any debris and backwashed it again and noticed that they started working however after a little while they don't work as well or just stop working. The filter is also at around 32 psi. Any advice on how to get the pool clear would be greatly appreciated!

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Educate yourself with basic pool chemistry in pool school and our recommended levels there. Time to read on how to SLAM that pool as well. Is that gauge stuck or does it return to zero when the pump is off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.