Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concentrated bleach and poolcalculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Concentrated bleach and poolcalculator

The only bleach available in my area is the concentrated bleach. On the bottle it says 121oz=182oz. Now my pool is 24000 gallons. I go to poolcalc and type FC=0 Goal=10 . Bleach is 8.25%. It shows me to add 362oz of bleach. Is that mean that I have to add 362oz of the concentrated bleach? Or should I used it differently since it's concentrated?
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concentrated bleach and poolcalculator

Are you using www.poolcalculator.com or the PoolMath link at the top of the page?
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

3. Back To Top    #3

30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

4. Back To Top    #4

Aaah. poolcalculator.com hasn't been updated in some time and does not include the newer bleach bottle sizes or concentrations. Use the PoolMath link at the top of the page.
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

5. Back To Top    #5

poolcalculator.com is abandoned by its current owner. PoolMath is an in-house version that we are keeping updated.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought they are both the same thing. Okay but still do I just add 362oz as recommended per PoolMath?
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

7. Back To Top    #7

They look very much the same but the difference is in the details. PoolMath is up to date.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Pysiek View Post
    I thought they are both the same thing. Okay but still do I just add 362oz as recommended per PoolMath?
    Add what it says. The concentration is accounted for in the percentage.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Add what it says. The concentration is accounted for in the percentage.
    What I understand is before it was 182oz and 6% and now is 1210z but 8.25% ? I'm I thinking right?
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

10. Back To Top    #10

That is correct. PoolMath knows about the new 121 oz jug size so select that and enter the new 8.25% concentration. As long as these are set correctly, your pool volume is correct, and you've plugged in your current and target FC, the amounts it says to add will be correct.