PH Question

Task

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 18, 2013
West Grove, PA
I've noticed that my PH seems to always rise to about 7.8 and then it seems to level off. The water is still a bit cold, but the kids have been playing in it on the really warm sunny days, but their hasn't been a whole lot of splashing and I don't keep my return jets pointed toward the surface so their really isn't much if any aeration going on. It seems that when I check my PH everyday, it is at 7.8. I was adding a bit of MA to bring it down to 7.5 each day, but it always seems to jump back up to 7.8 within a day or two. When I don't add the MA to make the small adjustment, it just stays at 7.8.

Is this something that is normal? Should I just not bother making the minor adjustment unless it rises higher then 7.8?

TA was at 150 when I checked it on Thursday afternoon.

(I'm pretty sure it was 150 if my memory serves me correctly. I'm at work right now and I have my chart of test results at home so I wouldn't be able to check for sure until later tonight when i get home. Definitely in the 150-160 range though)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.