Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Kayak pool hoses

1. Back To Top    #1

New Kayak pool hoses

I have a Kayak pool and need to replace the old hoses. How do I attach the heavy duty tiger flex hoses to pvc so I can install them on my pool?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Kayak pool hoses

Welcome to the forum atk!

I'm sorry, but have no idea what those are. Could you post a pic and more description so we might help?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

CBS, Newfoundland, Canada

Re: New Kayak pool hoses

From what I have been reading, you treat TigerFlex the same way you would Sch40 rigid PVC. Glue it to your fittings, couplers, etc...

That said, I just finished plumbing in my pool Saturday using a combination of rigid PVC, tigerflex and barbed connectors and ss ring clamps - all provided by my pool shop... but as I was bringing up the water levels, I noticed all the tigerflex + barbed fittings were leaking. So online to do some reading and found that they are really not compatible. Before freaking out at the shop and buying more materials, I had a friend who is a plumber take a look and we decided to test out wrapping the barbed connectors with some Teflon tape and then placing two clamps on the hose instead of one - fixed all but one of my leaks so far... but I haven`t got the pump on yet and brought any pressure into the mix. Will be calling the pool shop first thing tomorrow morning to voice my concern.