New Kayak pool hoses

From what I have been reading, you treat TigerFlex the same way you would Sch40 rigid PVC. Glue it to your fittings, couplers, etc...

That said, I just finished plumbing in my pool Saturday using a combination of rigid PVC, tigerflex and barbed connectors and ss ring clamps - all provided by my pool shop... but as I was bringing up the water levels, I noticed all the tigerflex + barbed fittings were leaking. So online to do some reading and found that they are really not compatible. Before freaking out at the shop and buying more materials, I had a friend who is a plumber take a look and we decided to test out wrapping the barbed connectors with some Teflon tape and then placing two clamps on the hose instead of one - fixed all but one of my leaks so far... but I haven`t got the pump on yet and brought any pressure into the mix. Will be calling the pool shop first thing tomorrow morning to voice my concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.