Overlap liner install - which way is best?

May 13, 2009
Mn
I've read about two different ways to put in an overlap liner. The first way (which seems to make the most sense to me) is to hang it similar to a unibead in that it will drape and "fit" along the walls. Then with the shop vac we pull out the wrinkles and start filling. Another way I saw was to sort of stretch it over the top and let it "pull" over the walls as it fills. While that seems like it would create a nice smooth wall, I'm not so sure how it wouldn't buckle the walls or even pull the liner all the way in.

Any advice? We have two weeks before the parts are in but then we are in high speed as it is my child wants to swim for her birthday (unless we put heated water in, I don't think we can warm it that fast!).

Thanks!

Also if anyone has the "waterfall" liner, let me know, I'd like to see pics.

Put the liner in and drap it over the walls and seal the skimmer and return to suck the air out.

Back in the day when we installed overlap liners we just pulled them over the top rails and clothes pinned them to the rail and started runnin the garden hose. Kept a close eye on them and never had an issue. Brings back alot of memories of how things have changed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.