Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overlap liner install - which way is best?

1. Back To Top    #1

Overlap liner install - which way is best?

I've read about two different ways to put in an overlap liner. The first way (which seems to make the most sense to me) is to hang it similar to a unibead in that it will drape and "fit" along the walls. Then with the shop vac we pull out the wrinkles and start filling. Another way I saw was to sort of stretch it over the top and let it "pull" over the walls as it fills. While that seems like it would create a nice smooth wall, I'm not so sure how it wouldn't buckle the walls or even pull the liner all the way in.

Any advice? We have two weeks before the parts are in but then we are in high speed as it is my child wants to swim for her birthday (unless we put heated water in, I don't think we can warm it that fast!).

Also if anyone has the "waterfall" liner, let me know, I'd like to see pics.
    24' Round Diamond Star, 54" wall height, 200sq ft sta-rite cartridge filter
    Dynamo 1hp 2 speed pump, 199k Rheem milivolt heater
    Pool rover jr. - our best friend!
    Tf-100 plus borate strips and Taylor k1000.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Frankfort , Illinois

Re: Overlap liner install - which way is best?

Myself I do not like the stretch option.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Put the liner in and drap it over the walls and seal the skimmer and return to suck the air out.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Back in the day when we installed overlap liners we just pulled them over the top rails and clothes pinned them to the rail and started runnin the garden hose. Kept a close eye on them and never had an issue. Brings back alot of memories of how things have changed.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics