Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa maintenance.

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa maintenance.

Never gave this much thought but my SWG percentage when my pump is on spa mode is at 10%. Is that reasonable? Should I adjust based on bather load? I alter my pool mode percentage as needed based on season/sun/bather load etc but leave the spa one as is. My spa is connected to my pool and have never had a problem with either but want to make sure that percentage was reasonable.

Thanks.

steve
    15 K gal/gunnite, 600 gal attached SPA, Hayward: ProLogic, ColorLogic LED, Super II pumps, 400k BTU heater, StarClear cartridge filter for, SwimClear cartridge filter . Pentaire: booster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/detai...l?hilit=corpus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa maintenance.

Test it! That's the easiest way to determine if it's too much or not enough.

Where is the SWG in the plumbing? Before the Spa/pool return valve, or after?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa maintenance.

The valve to divert to the spa is after the swg, so before.
    15 K gal/gunnite, 600 gal attached SPA, Hayward: ProLogic, ColorLogic LED, Super II pumps, 400k BTU heater, StarClear cartridge filter for, SwimClear cartridge filter . Pentaire: booster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/detai...l?hilit=corpus