What pool cleaner to get?

PoolStudent

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2014
Central Florida
I am still learning about how to care for a pool. I will be moving in to a house with a pool in a few weeks, and attached is a picture of the pool. I am somewhat low on time and am looking for a pool cleaner if it is a time savings.

I do have a screen enclosure and am located in central florida.

Will I benefit for a pool cleaner with an enclosure, or am i saving 30 mins a week? If there is a time savings of a few hours I'm all for getting a pool cleaner.

Budget is 1000, but hoping I can get this done for less. I am pretty handy with gadgets if that helps.

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 248
You may choose just to manually vac that pool. With the screen, it will stay pretty clean.

I'd say you are probably saving 30 minutes weekly with an auto-vac....experience will tell you.

There is an article in Pool School that describes the types of auto-vacs......it may be helpful to you.

On your budget you can afford a fairly good robot cleaner, which is what I would generally suggest if the budget allows. In general I would suggest a tracked style model over the "wheeled" rover type. You can generally find ones in the $500-$800 ballpark, I just received a couple of mail order pool sales flyers in the mail a few minutes ago, and just dug them out of the trash, "In the Swim" is advertising an Aquabot JR for $599 for up to 40 ft pools (not sure the size or yours) or standard Aquabot for $849 (flyer includes a 10% off cupon code that you are welcome to if you want it, PM me) They also have a Dolphin Nautilus for $689, and Advantage RC for $939. I also have a Doheny's flyer with a 20% off promo code with the same Aquabot at $719, and Nautilus at $620 so as you can see it pays to shop around. Generally here Maytronix Dolphin and Aquabot get the best reviews.

We recently got the AB Junior and are very happy after the first couple cleanings, the pool was very dirty for the gravel and paver install and the cleaner got it all in just a couple hours of runtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.