Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What pool cleaner to get?

1. Back To Top    #1

What pool cleaner to get?

I am still learning about how to care for a pool. I will be moving in to a house with a pool in a few weeks, and attached is a picture of the pool. I am somewhat low on time and am looking for a pool cleaner if it is a time savings.

I do have a screen enclosure and am located in central florida.

Will I benefit for a pool cleaner with an enclosure, or am i saving 30 mins a week? If there is a time savings of a few hours I'm all for getting a pool cleaner.

Budget is 1000, but hoping I can get this done for less. I am pretty handy with gadgets if that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What pool cleaner to get?

You may choose just to manually vac that pool. With the screen, it will stay pretty clean.

I'd say you are probably saving 30 minutes weekly with an auto-vac....experience will tell you.

There is an article in Pool School that describes the types of auto-vacs......it may be helpful to you.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I read the article, thanks for the recommendation.

Given that it is not that much of a time savings, I guess if I can find something for 500 or less I would really consider purchasing it.

4. Back To Top    #4

On your budget you can afford a fairly good robot cleaner, which is what I would generally suggest if the budget allows. In general I would suggest a tracked style model over the "wheeled" rover type. You can generally find ones in the $500-$800 ballpark, I just received a couple of mail order pool sales flyers in the mail a few minutes ago, and just dug them out of the trash, "In the Swim" is advertising an Aquabot JR for $599 for up to 40 ft pools (not sure the size or yours) or standard Aquabot for $849 (flyer includes a 10% off cupon code that you are welcome to if you want it, PM me) They also have a Dolphin Nautilus for $689, and Advantage RC for $939. I also have a Doheny's flyer with a 20% off promo code with the same Aquabot at $719, and Nautilus at $620 so as you can see it pays to shop around. Generally here Maytronix Dolphin and Aquabot get the best reviews.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

I see a different price for the aquabot jr....

http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.co...FaVxOgodwAEADQ

http://www.poolcenter.com/p/aquabot-...FehQOgodKWUAqw

They also have a 100 dollar price difference. Is one them an older model or something? The backyard pool is cool cause I can drive to the store if need be.

6. Back To Top    #6

I am leaning toward the Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820. It is appears rebranded Dolphin Nautilus but it comes with a caddy. I found it for $645 after a $100 rebate at hydropool.com. They have the Nautilus for $593
    Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: Hayward SP2603VSP VS Super Pump
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

7. Back To Top    #7

We recently got the AB Junior and are very happy after the first couple cleanings, the pool was very dirty for the gravel and paver install and the cleaner got it all in just a couple hours of runtime.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

8. Back To Top    #8

You may want to try to look on craigslist as well. May be able to find a good deal.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits