Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone ever replaced an Intex Summer Escapes liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone ever replaced an Intex Summer Escapes liner?

We bought 15 x 48 used Intex Summer Escapes from friends. Got it up and yes it was level and yesterday came home to a busted seam, bottom where the wall meets the floor. A hole the size of a baseball. It looks like there are some other holes that previous owner already patched so instead of gambling again with a new patch. We are thinking about ordering a new liner from Intex. I think it was $160ish. Worth it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone ever replaced an Intex Summer Escapes liner?

When our neighbor gave us their 15'x48" Intex, we bought a new liner for it. That was before I found that you could use an overlap liner with the old liner still in place. Of course that wholly depends on what seam ripped.

Do a google search on doing this, I'll bet you came up with a few ideas.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Anyone ever replaced an Intex Summer Escapes liner?

I ordered the intex liner and then realized that I might need to call and get an ETA. If I said the lady at Intex made me mad.. that would be an understatement. The most unhelpful person I have dealt with in a while. And I work in finance so I deal with people all day long!