"restricted" skimmer line..... UGH

JasonK

May 13, 2009
Topeka, KS
Hello everyone. I have a problem... Seems I have an obstruction in my skimmer line. It doesn't suck like it should. I've tried blowing air to the skimmer trying to dislodge whatever is in the pipe, tried a fish tape. I am able to run the tape from the pump backwards however it's not long enough to make it to the skimmer. I am unable to run the tape from the skimmer to the pump. From the pic, I've busted out the concrete hoping that the jamb would be near the pump, since we needed to pour new concrete anyway...

I've ordered a endoscope, hoping to see what might be down there. I'm really sick to my stomach over this. It sucks but really not enough to vacuum the pool. Ideas?

Also I have a booster pump, where would I tie that in at? I assume it's on the return side, correct? I've searched for where it goes, but have not found anything.

Thanks Jason.

Attachments

• Pipes.jpg
    Pipes.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
I would try getting a drain king (or wrapping the end of a garden hose with a rag) and force water from the pump back towards the skimmer and see if you can dislodge anything that way.

The booster pump should draw water from after the filter but before anything else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.