Stains on pool steps

Sep 19, 2013
Rome, GA
Hey guys- I now have a crystal clear pool thanks to the TFP forum! My problem now is that my fiberglass steps have brownish colored stains on them. Not sure what has caused the stains - maybe leaves?

I have tried just brushing the steps with no success. What would you recommend for removing the stains?

Thanks!

Hey guys- I now have a crystal clear pool thanks to the TFP forum! My problem now is that my fiberglass steps have brownish colored stains on them. Not sure what has caused the stains - maybe leaves?

I have tried just brushing the steps with no success. What would you recommend for removing the stains?

Thanks!
Does it look like the picture in this thread?

Set a Vitamin C tablet on the stain for a minutes. If it's metal staining, you'll have a white circle where it was. If so, here's an article that explains what to do. If a Vitamin C tablet didn't affect it, then try setting a trichlor puck - go borrow one from a pool-stored neighbor - and set it on for a few minutes. If it lightens, it's organic staining, and keeping your FC levels higher than normal for a few weeks should fade it.

Does it look like the picture in this thread?

Set a Vitamin C tablet on the stain for a minutes. If it's metal staining, you'll have a white circle where it was. If so, here's an article that explains what to do. If a Vitamin C tablet didn't affect it, then try setting a trichlor puck - go borrow one from a pool-stored neighbor - and set it on for a few minutes. If it lightens, it's organic staining, and keeping your FC levels higher than normal for a few weeks should fade it.

I'll try the Vitamin C tablet tonight. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.