Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hazy to clear

1. Back To Top    #1

Hazy to clear

Should have taken a pic of the pool while it was still a little hazy, but didn't think of it.

Just bought a house in March, and the pool was a victim of pool-store for it's 10+ year life. The CYA was off the charts upon opening, and the water was a bit hazy...not terrible, though.

But, with the fantastic help from TFP, we are crystal clear and ready to go! (Now I just need the temps to get up there a bit...it is still way too chilly up north...brr...but the kids were so excited to have a pool, they went swimming this weekend, anyway!)

7600 Gal. ABG; Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter; 1hp Power-Flo LX Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hazy to clear

Looks great ! I'm sure it's going to SE a lot of use and it will now be a breeze to maintain. Congrats 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Nice decking and a beautiful pool with crystal clear water....doesn't get much better than that!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

When are you going to add water?

Looks great!
    18'x9', IG, Plaster, AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWG (RC-35/22 Cell), 1 HP Sta-Rite Dyna-Glas Pump, Sta-Rite PXC75 Posi-Clear Cartridge System, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

I feel like there needs to be a big "NO DIVING" sign on the upper deck.
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JesseWV View Post
    I feel like there needs to be a big "NO DIVING" sign on the upper deck.
    Hah hah...that's just one level above. I took the pic from my bedroom balcony which a floor higher up than that. I've already expressed the "no diving off the decks" rule...but with four kids...a sign might be in order.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli372 View Post
    Hah hah...that's just one level above. I took the pic from my bedroom balcony which a floor higher up than that. I've already expressed the "no diving off the decks" rule...but with four kids...a sign might be in order.
    My first though when I saw the picture was "Cannonball!"

Carpet strip on the railing will deter jumpers better than a sign.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Concertina wire
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

That looks great!

cough...pigeon spikes...cough
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

10. Back To Top    #10

The grill is on that deck. We had a cook out yesterday, and I was placing some of the serving plates along the rail. The countdown is on for when the first burger does an accidental cannonball.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli372 View Post
    Concertina wire, Pigeon spikes, or my favorite "electric fence". they will only touch it once!
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.