Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Splinter free deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Splinter free deck

What to do to keep everybody from getting splinters in their body parts? Do you cover the deck floor with some kind of mold-resistant outdoor carpeting? I do not want my family members or guest that will be using the pool to be required to wear shoes on deck. My deck is brand new just finished it this weekend.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Splinter free deck

Behr has a new product available as a deck coating. Google that rascal!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes. But since this is brand new deck I have to wait for the wood to dry, probably till next summer.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

4. Back To Top    #4

Curious as to what wood you used for your decking? I just completed my new deck this past weekend and the only spots where there are any potential splinters are the nail holes. A quick/light (emphasizing light) sanding fixed them.

It would be a shame to cover up a brand new deck! Good luck!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by S4cruiser View Post
    Curious as to what wood you used for your decking? I just completed my new deck this past weekend and the only spots where there are any potential splinters are the nail holes. A quick/light (emphasizing light) sanding fixed them.

It would be a shame to cover up a brand new deck! Good luck!!
    I used #2 Prime Pressure Treated Lumber this is what the tag says. I designed the deck using Lowes design tool and this is what they give me. Like you said there is no places I can see the splitters except where I put the screws in but who knows they might be hiding somewhere
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub