Installing a new liner in my 28ft AG

May 19, 2014
Hillsboro, MO
We purchased a house with a 28ft AG beaded liner that was severely neglected for many years. Due to some horrible planning on the original owners part the sand underneath has ruts washed in it. We are going to replace the existing beaded liner with a 30Mil overlap liner, as well as place 3/4 pink foam board underneath with the foam cove. We are going to triple tape with Gorilla Tape. It shouldn't need much work to the sand base. I already have the pool drained and will be removing the old liner this morning. We did do a foam base in my parents 15x30 AG but that was YEARS ago. I will be updating with pictures as this goes along. Hoping for some good warm weather over the next few days.

Welcome to TFP!

It would be helpful if you could add your location to your profile and your pool specs to your signature. ;)

Good luck on the liner replacement! We love pics!!!

Looks good Rev! I do believe that when it's time for a liner change (10 years or more down the road) I'll be doing this!

I had laid the liner in and taped the sides up to let it soak in the sun. We began working on it later in the day when help arrived. I was able to get it up and only have a few small wrinkles in the floor that popped up overnight but nothing I cant live with.

IMG_20140527_123817_691.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got about 6" of water in it as we speak. Half the wall is smooth the other half is getting there as I get sun and time to adjust.

Just installed my skimmer and return, ended up with one wrinkle in the wall for the life of me I could not get rid of. Ill update with more pictures soon. All in all it was simple and the floor feels amazing under my feet. Next were on to re plumbing the pump (poured concrete pad for it) and working on the chemicals. Im going to give the TFPC Method a shot. My parents are Baquacil users but I'm not a fan of it.

I used 22 sheets could have planned a bit better with my cuts and maybe only used 21 or 20. My test kit arrives tomorrow, I did already take water to the local pool store. They reccomended 6gal of Acid and a Shock, but ill wait for my test and use the calc here.

I used 22 sheets could have planned a bit better with my cuts and maybe only used 21 or 20. My test kit arrives tomorrow, I did already take water to the local pool store. They reccomended 6gal of Acid and a Shock, but ill wait for my test and use the calc here.

Thanks. I am in the process of leveling the ground to put up my 30' round so that gives me an idea on how many sheets of foam I need.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.