skimmers with lids for winter?

landscaper

Apr 23, 2014
Maryland
I'm shopping for a skimmer for our above ground 27' pool. I see skimmers with a tupperware type lid which states it saves tons of water every year. Do these type skimmers really seal well in harsh winters? I guess it just saves the amount of water that would need to be drained below skimmer level in order to close your pool for winter? (which isn't too much water anyways)

If anyone has a particular model of skimmer they are happy with, please share too. thanks

I use one on my pool and it has held up well for the 15 years I have had it. Mine was purchased separate from the skimmer and installs fairly easy. The brand I have is called Aquadoor. the "Tupperware lid" snaps in place over a new face plate that comes with it. To install you simply remove the old face plate from the inside of the pool and install the one that comes with the kit. When it is time to close the pool, simply snap the lid in place and put a plug into the return. In the spring, remove the cover and plug and you are ready to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.