Second return on Intex

May 2, 2013
First...I've searched and searched. I found one thread where someone installed a second return on their Intex about a foot or two below the original return. Now I go to find it again and can't. ...arrrgg!! ....lol

Here's my delima......
My 12x42 Intex....upgraded to the sand filter pump......I think 2650 gallon. (The good one...lol)
Anyhow. ....installed the Hayward thru wall skimmer today and after running to hardware. .... I have 1/2 of the hard plumbing done.
Wanting to go ahead and install a 2nd return......probably a foot below the original return. (I'd like to install it lower....but figured there is to much pressure on the liner the lower you go.
SO.....do I need to reinforce the liner where I'm going to install the return? I was thinking of using the square piece of liner I cut out for the wall skimmer. Thiniking of gluing this prior to cutting the hole for return.

(I really do not want to plumb up and over the wall.)

?????

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/48344-My-Intex-Ultra-Frame-16x48-build

Ok...found the thread I was speaking of.
I guess no one else has seen this done before from the lack of responses? ??

I want to install a second hayward return just like above.....just worried about it ripping out since the liner does not have reinforce area there????

How did this work out. I'm aiming at 7" below edit: looks like on avg most just put the hayward on with no leaks.. so i'm gonna go that route, in the old hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.