Problem with Pool Valves

May 18, 2014
Berkeley, CA
Hi Guys,

I have a Compool 2 way motorized actuator (CVA24) on my suction side to control for pool/hot tub suction. The plastic shaft between the actuator and the valve broken. Compool/pentair actuators are pretty expensive, so I bought an intermatic pe24va actuator. Unfortunately, it looks like the intermatic's shaft is different than my compool unit. Does anyone know what the part is for the corresponding valve for this intermatic actuator?

broken actuator.jpgnew actuator.jpgbroken actuator.jpgnew actuator.jpg

Hi, thanks for replying. So the first picture outside, of the shaft with the gear, that's the shaft for the broken compool CVA24 actuator. You can see that it has a plastic protrusion that extends outside the actuator, that connects to a shaft on the valve. This protrusion has broken/cracked, so the actuator can no longer turn the valve.

The second picture is the new Intermatic actuator, which you can see the hole, which is completely female. The intermatic is expecting that the valve's male shaft extends all the way inside the actuator (which I know, from looking at my solar actuator, is the same as Jandy.)

So, it seems like there are actuator output shaft differences between Jandy/Intermatic vs. Compool/Pentair. I'm trying to see if anyone knows how I might find the matching valve for a Jandy/Intermatic actuator (I can only find the actuators on the internet.) I suppose I could always go down to Leslies but I hate them and their rip-off prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.