!!!! Filter Emergency!!!!!

Apr 10, 2008
So after vacuuming a few times and finding junk in the pool the next morning I opened up the filter and removed the sand (Hayward GM-142 sand filter 50#) and find that the stand pipe is cracked 90% of the way around at the base. I can't get a new pipe, I would have to get the whole tank at 250.00 or more. I need advice fast on what to go with for a new filter; cartridge, DE, brand etc... . The pump is a single speed 1HP Hayward. HELP!!! :cry:

Wayne

Hi, Wayne, welcome to TFP.

A question like that is liable to get you as many answers as there are members here! Everyone has their preference on what type of filter is best!

I am not an equipment guru... I am sure someone who knows more than me will chime in shortly!

Heheh, I realized that I never gave the pool size in the original post. Anyhoo, the emergency is over. I was able to go to Lowe's and get a schedule 40 pipe and a fenco sleeve and we are running again for 5 bucks :-D

Sorry for panicking :oops: and thank you for the fast responses. This one's for you :cheers:

Wayne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.