CSI at -0.1 Pebble Tec is this too low? My LaMotte Tester & Spa issue chemistry?

TeamNelson

Platinum Supporter
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson (Marana) AZ
The Pool Calculator selector for Type of Pool "Plaster" ? is this my type for PebbleTec? My CSI says I'm -0.1 is this too low - what should I do?
My Test results:
FCL 1.28
TCL 3.56
PH 7.5
ALK 154
CH 220
CYA 30

Currently attached to pool store products & want to quit! (but want to do the right thing in the right order - help please)
Our LaMotte Tester & store BioGuard "ALEX" analysis can differ in some areas...Is their machine that much more accurate OR are they just trying to sell me more product?
Pool Store results:
FCL 3.8
TCL 3.8
PH 7.6
Total ALK 107
Adj. ALK 94
TH 270
CYA 42

They recently sold me BioGuard Inhibit BackUp - an algae preventative & killer - I didn't know it would FOAM up my spa! as prior they sold me BioGuard Algae All 60® (Treatment & Prevention)
& the second item said "non-foam" for use w/spa's - we have followed the pool store advice too long.We just got into reading your GREAT forum (hindsight is 20/20).
What can I do now to get rid of a foaming spa? Are we too far gone? I know we won't go back to this pool store!!! Can anyone please help us quit the pool store and start saving our money and sanity? If we are in the wrong area of Chemistry - or I missed an appropriate area to post - tell us newbies where to put this ( I have been reading here & searching most of my day vs. swimming :( )
Any advise is appreciated! Nelson

Re: CSI at -0.1 Pebble Tec is this too low? My LaMotte Tester & Spa issue chemistry?

Welcome to TFP!

In most cases there isn't any point in even thinking about CSI. If you do want to think about it, CSI between -0.3 and +0.3 is considered perfect, so you are totally fine.

There is nothing you can do about the foam other than wait it out. It should be gone in less than a week.

We exist to help people like you, so you have come to the right place!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.