Thick algae covered layer of leaves

May 17, 2014
Houston, TX
So my filter was broken all winter . I rented a pump and drained down to the shallow end. There was a pretty thick layer of algae covered leaves down there. I shoveled them out of the shallow end and refilled. So, I can only assume the deep end is the same or worse. Do I shock first then vacuum or other way around? And how soon after shocking or using yellow out should I vac?

I hear you on finding it much easier to take things apart than to put them back together. Kind of like many things in life!

One suggestion on the putting things back together conundrum: use your phone and take lots of pictures of things as you take them apart, or better yet video with your own commentary to yourself. Comes in very handy when it's time to reassemble!

There are also a number of helpful videos on most anything like this on Youtube. Watch a few of them and the inner workings of even unfamiliar things like pool pumps start to make sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.