Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: wiring question

1. Back To Top    #1

wiring question

I am remodeling my rear deck and building a screened in porch. I have also enclosed my pump ,filter and controls. The way it was before my pump wiring would reach the timer box no problem however with the new set up it will not reach. what i was planning on doing is taking the wiring as far as i can and entering a junction box. This junction box will have a cut out in the back so the wiring can enter the wall and look better. once it gets into the wall is it ok to run the red and blue wires for my pump by themselves through the walls into the timer box. I bought standard red and blue 10 gauge wiring to go from the j box to the timer. i want all the wiring to be behind the walls. Do I have to buy conduit for this or can i just lightly staple the red and blue wires to the framing and be done with it? added note there is no insulation or anything in this wall only 2x4 studs that i will be going through.
    23000 gallons
    hayward sand filter
    inground vinyl pool
    circu pool rj45 salt system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: wiring question

Single wires are never ok behind a wall. However, some areas do allow Romex which is almost the same. Best thing is to check with your local building department and they should be able to tell you what is allowed and what is not because every area is different.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

My suggestion is to run the wires in conduit and use nail plates if you are sheet rocking this in. My thought is you don't these wires to be chewed by any wild life.
    210k gallon pool, IG Plaster, (2) marathon 7.5 hp motors, (6) Triton sand filters, Test Kit Guardex 4-in-1 Plus DPD & Taylor K-2006, Baby pool 6in deep round with stand alone sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

its actually gonna be plywood on both sides of the wall. then siding on the outer of one side of ply. I will just run conduit. I didnt know if the single wires would be ok or not. thanks. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to add.Thanks again!
    23000 gallons
    hayward sand filter
    inground vinyl pool
    circu pool rj45 salt system

5. Back To Top    #5

Use conduit. Short run
    24 foot by 52 " above ground pool Hayward micro clear 25 sq ft cartridge filter Hayward powerflo lx 1.5 pump. Aquabot vacuum. Live in tennessee. Feeling like Walter white with my tf kit. Where's Jesse