Help me pull up my liner :(

May 18, 2014
MD
Hello, I have an inground vinyl liner pool at the house I just purchased.

When starting it up for the first time since owning the house it lost 10k gallons in a day due to broken pipes on the return ports. I dug them up and replaced the fittings but left the water level down and detached the skimmer faceplate so I could get behind the liner to the fittings. Over a couple days, with the faceplate and return flanges off, the liner has sagged and is too low to match up to the return fittings or skimmer now by about 3 inches or so. I tried boiling water which helped some but did not get me all the way there. Would it help to lower or raise the water level? Should I just keep trying to pull and stretch with hot water? The liner is 16 years old and has lost some of its elasticity but the same job was just done during the home renovation before I bought it

(The concrete over the pipes was obviously just cut and replaced and new fittings/pipe installed because of the same winter problem) so I know its possible some how. Any advice would be great because I'm completely new to pools. Thanks!

20140513_173827.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know if your going to be able to get the liner to line up again. You can try patching the holes and re-cutting the openings. Otherwise you will need to replace the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.