Stains on walls

Jul 6, 2013
Stains are on the walls of pool where the water line was while it was closed. I rubbed a vitamin c tab on it and it disappeared.

I saw the pool school article on how to do an absorbic acid treatment but I was wondering it an entire absorbic acid treatment is needed since the stains are new this season. Is there something I can just add to the water to make these disappear? Also is a sequestrant needed? I never added one in the past.

I have a 21000g SWG pool/spa with plaster. All chemical levels are within range as done with my TFP-100 kit.

Thanks.

Ok, after throwing more vitamin c onto stain on the bottom I was able to determine that the black marks which have been there for 2 years (since we've bought the house) are also lightening with the use of the vitamin c. I think that I do need to do an entire absorbic acid treatment. So how do you reduce chlorine to 0? Totally bummed bc I just got everything balanced but should do it before the season really heats up.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.