May 10, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I just got my TF-100 and my results are:

FC: .5
CC: .5
TA: 80
PH: 7.5
CYA: 40

What I need help with is that I can't keep FC levels around 3 for more than 3 or 4 days. I assumed my CYA was super off and was causing the FC to be "eaten", but this does not appear to be the case.

Any ideas?

12,000 gallon above ground pool. I opened it about a month ago and have been checking the FC levels every 3 or 4 days. Is this normal since I'm only getting FC up to 3 and not something like 5?

Thanks!

Most pools lose maybe 2 ppm FC every day. If you are dosing to 3 ppm, then you are virtually out of FC after the 2nd day.

As BF says, you should be adding 2 ppm daily or perhaps 4 ppm every day just to keep up with normal FC loss.

You can also target a higher FC level. I would target 7 and never let it fall below 3. That will give more wiggle room so you don't fall below your min. I have the same CYA level and I target 7.
Your also going to have to dose on a daily basis or your FC will drop below the min and you'll have an algae outbreak. Like butterfly suggested test and dose in the evening when the sun is off the pool.
If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that will help us help you better. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.