Burbs

Jun 14, 2013
FC: 15
cc: .5
PH: 7.4
TA: 75
CH: 85
CYA: 20

Started the Slam process 5/6 and it went from green to milky blue by the next day but has not changed since.
I have been vacuuming and scrubbing the walls everyday, the lowest the fc has gotten since i started is 9.
I have been cleaning the Cartridge filter 1-2x a day and i have added a filter sock to the skimmer basket.
When i do clean the filter greyish white milky water comes out of the filter.
I want to be able to swim for by this holiday weekend but getting kinda worried about the pool. Any advice?

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Clearing up the water can take quite a while. Watch the water at a spot like a ladder where you can see things in the water above the bottom, and check to see if there is any day to day improvement, even if small. Other than that, keep the pump running 24/7 and backwash as needed, and things should improve.

If you don't see even a very slight improvement day to day, then something is going wrong.

If you don't see any improvement in water quality from day to day then yes you might as well try a clarifier. 90% of the time clarifier does nothing, but the other 10% of the time the water is completely clear the next day.

Last year i had same issue. I have sand filter. Thought of changing the sand. But friend of mine introduced me to this site and suggested me to slam the pool. It took 7 days . My CYA was high at 60. But at the end of 7th day i had crystal clear water without using any clarifier. According to me if you see your CC goes down you should notice some change in water. This year my pool open and looks blue cloudy. I am in process of slamming the pool. 4 th day. CC is dropping slowly. Keep doing do not discontinue.good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well i haven't had any change since day 2 of the slam process. I went out and got some clarifier and put that in yesterday and let it run all day yesterday.
I turned my pump off last night to let everything settle to the bottom. I woke up this morning and i could almost see the bottom, BIG improvement.
I vacuumed the entire pool to waste and its almost clear. I'm gonna do the same process again today minus the clarifier.
Visibility went from about 6inches to i could see a blurry vacuum head at the bottom. Oh and my CC is .5 or less just a slight hint of pink using 10ml

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.