Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Milky Blue pool

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Milky Blue pool

    FC: 15
    cc: .5
    PH: 7.4
    TA: 75
    CH: 85
    CYA: 20

    Started the Slam process 5/6 and it went from green to milky blue by the next day but has not changed since.
    I have been vacuuming and scrubbing the walls everyday, the lowest the fc has gotten since i started is 9.
    I have been cleaning the Cartridge filter 1-2x a day and i have added a filter sock to the skimmer basket.
    When i do clean the filter greyish white milky water comes out of the filter.
    I want to be able to swim for by this holiday weekend but getting kinda worried about the pool. Any advice?
    24k Ag pool, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp pump.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Clearing up the water can take quite a while. Watch the water at a spot like a ladder where you can see things in the water above the bottom, and check to see if there is any day to day improvement, even if small. Other than that, keep the pump running 24/7 and backwash as needed, and things should improve.

    If you don't see even a very slight improvement day to day, then something is going wrong.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    If its not clear by say like Wednesday is there a clarifier i could try?
    24k Ag pool, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp pump.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    If you don't see any improvement in water quality from day to day then yes you might as well try a clarifier. 90% of the time clarifier does nothing, but the other 10% of the time the water is completely clear the next day.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    any type/brand i should try/avoid?
    24k Ag pool, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp pump.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    Any of them should be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Plainsboro, nj
    Posts
    28

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    Last year i had same issue. I have sand filter. Thought of changing the sand. But friend of mine introduced me to this site and suggested me to slam the pool. It took 7 days . My CYA was high at 60. But at the end of 7th day i had crystal clear water without using any clarifier. According to me if you see your CC goes down you should notice some change in water. This year my pool open and looks blue cloudy. I am in process of slamming the pool. 4 th day. CC is dropping slowly. Keep doing do not discontinue.good luck!


    Hayward Pro Series Multi port filter
    18x36
    115 feet perimeter
    Vinyl liner
    TFTestkits

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Re: Milky Blue pool

    Well i haven't had any change since day 2 of the slam process. I went out and got some clarifier and put that in yesterday and let it run all day yesterday.
    I turned my pump off last night to let everything settle to the bottom. I woke up this morning and i could almost see the bottom, BIG improvement.
    I vacuumed the entire pool to waste and its almost clear. I'm gonna do the same process again today minus the clarifier.
    Visibility went from about 6inches to i could see a blurry vacuum head at the bottom. Oh and my CC is .5 or less just a slight hint of pink using 10ml
    24k Ag pool, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp pump.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •