Test results after drain & refill

jborders5

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
We just moved to a new home with an existing pool. The water was clear, but the CYA was 100+ so I did a complete drain and refill last week. Here are my current numbers using a TF-100..... Note I have not added any chemicals in 24 hours and I'm in the process of bringing the TA down from an initial test of 180. Should I deal with the CH as well? Thanks.

FC - 3
CC - 0
TC - 3
pH - 7.8
T/A - 130
CH - 170
CYA - 40
Temp - 76

Since you have a pebbletech, your CH should be in the plaster pool range. Check out Pool School and PoolMath for what you should be targeting. It would be a good idea to sneak up on your target, as like CYA, once it's in, it's not coming out without a partial drain and refill cycle.

We just moved to a new home with an existing pool. The water was clear, but the CYA was 100+ so I did a complete drain and refill last week. Here are my current numbers using a TF-100..... Note I have not added any chemicals in 24 hours and I'm in the process of bringing the TA down from an initial test of 180. Should I deal with the CH as well? Thanks.

FC - 3
CC - 0
TC - 3
pH - 7.8
T/A - 130
CH - 170
CYA - 40
Temp - 76
Given where you live is noted for hard water and high temperatures, I wouldn't add any more Calcium. It'll climb fast enough on its own with evaporation and refill. Right now, you're in no danger of etching the plaster. Just maintain pH in the comfort zone and TA will slowly lower itself over time.

Given where you live is noted for hard water and high temperatures, I wouldn't add any more Calcium. It'll climb fast enough on its own with evaporation and refill. Right now, you're in no danger of etching the plaster. Just maintain pH in the comfort zone and TA will slowly lower itself over time.

Thanks. I'm definitely still trying to figure out how the sun and heat in Arizona will effect the pool. I have a feeling it will be a bit different from our last place in California.... I'm surprised how quickly the PH climbs. I'm guessing the waterfall and the two lion head water features help aerate the pool.

20140312155041248714000000_o.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.