Halfway? through my first SLAM

Hello
I passed the OCLT this morning after a full week SLAM with only 1 PPM of chlorine loss (12 to 11). I am now letting the chlorine go down to a normal value.

Tonight, my FC=9 now and CC=0 after pool being in sun for much of the day. I also measured CYA and its still near 0. I will temporarily be using stabilized chlorine (the one inch tabs in a chlorinator) since I had bought them before I moved to the TFP method and I spent enough money on pool shock with the SLAM. I figured this is okay since my CYA is so low. I am guessing I have enough to last a couple of weeks before I begin using bleach.

I put 2 bottles of instant conditioner in the pool one week ago, before the SLAM started. Someone said that the high CC might have ate my CYA.

I used a product called Natural Chemistry Instant Conditioner (its a salt and not an acid?) I am wondering if I put the conditioner in too soon or if I simply used an inferior product.

Please help me figure out how to raise my CYA?!

Once the chlorine gets closer to a normal level I will get the PH and Alkalinity tests and fix those. I think alkalinity looks okay but PH is now low from an informal look at a test strip.

Thanks
Scott

You can use the instant conditioner or granular. The granular is cheaper.
If you use the granular, put it in a nylon knee high (that's what I use) or sock. Then hang it front of a return with the pump running until it's dissolved. If you use the granular it won't fully register on a test for up to a week. Just assume it's there and adjust your FC accordingly.
Here's a pic for reference.
8enymy7y.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.