Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: board went bad I think... need help

1. Back To Top    #1

board went bad I think... need help

Hi everyone, I have a aquarite swim pure and I was told by pinch a pny that the board went bad. Just replaced it a lil over a yr ago. Basically when it turns on the no flow appears after about 30 seconds it goes away, the generating light comes on for 5 seconds and shuts off. No power light or any other lights appear on the right side, but all the display functions work fine/. I am being told it is $319 for the board. It seems very expensive for something that was replaced not too long ago. Advice/ thoughts???

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: board went bad I think... need help

That sounds kind of like the common current limiter problem. See here for more info.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! Now the next question is it the SL32 or the AS32 current limit switch? The repair guide shows 2 different part numbers and so does the website to purchase. I think they have different ohm ratings.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, parts came in from digikey.com and i am use my old solder iron and for some reason the item i am trying to desolder will not liquify to be pulled out. I can melt solderfrom a new roll, but the stuff in the board will not loosen so i can pull the piece out. Just gets a lil brown and nothing. New solder iron or ???. What u guys thinks ? Thanks

AQUARITE SWG SYSTEM, HAYWARD T15 CELL, CARTRIDGE FILTER, 23K RECTANGLE POOL , MARCITE FINISH, TF 100 Test kit

"LIVE EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST"

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like the soldering iron is not hot enough. Have you replaced the tip? Even a cheap soldering iron and desoldering braid should do the job you're trying to accomplish.

6. Back To Top    #6

Try adding a little new solder while the hot iron is sitting on the bead you are trying to remove. It will help transfer more heat from the iron to the board.