Fault "open water sensor" error

Somehow the main unit thinks that the water sensor is not connected. It is possible for that connection to be broken on the main circuit board, rather than at the terminal or the sensor wire, but that is extremely unlikely. I would try switching the water and air sensors temporarily and see if the error moves with the sensor or stays where it was.

The error code stayed with the heater. Let me fix the statement is said earlier which was incorrect. The aqualink gives the correct water temperature, the jandy heater shows the fault and the incorrect temperature. I guess the sensor is working, but there must be something faulty in the heater? Any ideas. I haven't used the heater yet this year and they did an acid bath on the pool in February. They did bypass the heater. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The heaters temp sensors are on the underside of the header where the water goes in and comes out. You have a low temp sensor and a high temp sensor. Check your wire to make nothing chewed and if it looks good, then replace the sensor.

Is the low temp sensor and a high temp sensor two different sensors or one total sensor? I found where the sensor plugs into the circuit board, but I haven't checked the sensor itself out. Man, there are sensors all over the place on these things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.