Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner/builder in Las Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

New owner/builder in Las Vegas

Build started a few weeks ago and I'm just now figuring out how to post and attach pictures. Huge shout out to we_like_it_hot and jmpoling for letting me ask hundreds of questions and sharing sub contractor info. I got quotes of around $80,000 for the build from a few different pool builders and figured maybe I could give it a try myself and save a few bucks similar to buying a car and bypassing the dealership. The dig started 3 weeks ago and I should have my first inspection on Tuesday. Fingers are crossed that I pass. I may not know what I'm doing but at least the subs do...

23,000 gallons, Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec, MasterTemp 400K heater, 2 VS Pentair Pumps, Clean and Clear 520, IC 40, Intellitouch, 2 Pentair Intellibrites in Pool and 1 in Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New owner/builder in Las Vegas

Looks neat!

14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow! This is going to be a great read! Welcome to TFP and post lots of pics! Good Luck!!! Hope you pass inspection!!!

Have you picked out equipment? How deep?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes I went with a Pentair setup. Easytouch with Intellichlor 40, clean and clear 520, MasterTemp 400 HD and 2 variable speed 3 HP pumps. Also went with a paramount infloor cleaning system because in the big picture I felt the added cost was minimal. Here are a few more pics...

Wet deck with LED bubblers

Elevated Spa with negative edge

While the excavator was there I had them dig the trampoline hole. There's a little more work for me to do on it

And the best part...no rear neighbors!

23,000 gallons, Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec, MasterTemp 400K heater, 2 VS Pentair Pumps, Clean and Clear 520, IC 40, Intellitouch, 2 Pentair Intellibrites in Pool and 1 in Spa

5. Back To Top    #5

Failed the first inspection because of an issue of not enough steel around the lights and an electrical bonding wire not around the perimeter of the pool. Both issues are fixed and I passed inspection today. Shotcrete is scheduled for next Thursday. The skeleton of the waterfall/slide is up

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks good. I like the brick walkway to the trampoline.....
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I would suggest a Jandy-type check valve on your pump. It is repairable and easy to unclog, if needed.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    Looks good. I like the brick walkway to the trampoline.....
    Budget cuts Some things had to go

9. Back To Top    #9

Gunite happened Friday. I'm hoping to get someone out to do the tile soon

10. Back To Top    #10

Is it finished yet?

11. Back To Top    #11

Not quite...it seems as if it's taking forever. The rock work texture went on today and the color will go on Monday. So far I think they've done a great job
    The stacked stone we picked out for the raised bond beam and spa

12. Back To Top    #12

Can't wait to see this done - great slide and stunning views!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Hi sgtolv,
    Your project is really looking GREAT! You and the family will be enjoying the refreshing water soon Iím sure. Plus, the satisfaction of being an owner builder and the cash you saved.

Totally appreciate your shout out sent our way. It was very nice meeting you both and Iím sure youíll be just as helpful to anyone asking for assistance in the future. Letís not forget jmpoling, too. Another helpful source here in the Las Vegas area.
    Shotcrete 16'x25' rectangular with a half in 7' round spa raised 18" negative edge spillover, med. gray plaster. 9K gal. 3' sheer descent, 8'x12' wet deck.
    All equipment Pentair. 420 C&C, 400K MasterTemp, WhisperFlo 1hp, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo 2hp, IC40 Intellichlor, EasyTouch Wireless ScreenLogic2 Interface, 3ea. GloBrite LED's.

14. Back To Top    #14

It's coming together just perfect!

21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Mistakes of a rookie pool builder: The plan was to have stacked stone on the face of the spa. I found out this week that I had the Gunite crew cut the negative edge on the spa spillover the wrong direction. As a result the tile guy said I can't have stacked stone and my only option is to tile it. I've chosen 1x1 glass tiles that won't look terrible but I would have preferred the stacked stone

16. Back To Top    #16

17. Back To Top    #17

It will look awesome either way
    21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

18. Back To Top    #18

Oops! This is what happens when you're not home to manage the project. This is suppose to be stacked stone instead of tile...

19. Back To Top    #19

Uh oh... Are you going to have them redo it?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Most definitely. I don't think the tile looks terrible, but I prefer the look of the stone instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast