Manual pool vacuum recommendations

Jul 6, 2013
I have a Polaris 9300 robot that is in the shop. (FYI: apparently, you are not supposed to use the robot to get the fine particles off the bottom - it is for maintaining your pool only. Seems ridiculous to me to spend all that money...)

As a backup I may purchase a manual vacuum that goes through my filter pump. I have a 21000 gal gunite pool with Hayward cartridge filter. I have no idea how to isolate one of our 2 filter baskets but I can ask that later if I get a manual vac.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Traci

I like the pro versions, like this one. The pro version has a wider head, so fewer passes to get the entire pool. They are a little heavier to handle, but not too bad. You will also need a pole and a hose.

I got a similar-looking pro version when the freebie that came with the pool started falling apart. It's worked great for five or six years now. I don't have a cleaner--I prefer the old way. Store it out of the sun and indoors in winter. I was tempted by this 24" puppy below, but at $235 it was over budget.

A1601_F.jpg

DESIGNED TO PERFORM ON LOW FLOW SUCTION.

An exclusive chamber increases vacuum velocity and pulls debris equally from both ends, as well as front and back.

Adjustable wheels can increase and decrease suction and special strips guide debris into the suction chamber. The vacuum head is built with “short leg” strips for leaves and large debris. Suitable for vacuuming sand, silt and other fine debris.

Fits both 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch vac hoses.

DANG Durk! :shock: I could clean my pool with that in 4 swipes! :mrgreen: Too bad I couldn't get one for my above ground pool! :lol:

I flocked my pool because it was cloudy so I flocked it. Chlorine total 15, salt 380, temp 65, Ph 7.3. My pool cleared up the next day and a collection of stuff was on the bottom. So, after seeing that my robot only stirs it up, I bough a manual vac. So, I looked at the threads and numerous You tubes and could not get it to work.

There is one skimmer, has a jacuzzi, with no skimmer, just a drain. I opened the skimmer top, there are two holes. I filled the tubing with water, placed it into the hole furthest away from the pool. Turned on the pump, nothing happens. I gave up. I was wondering, my pool has a jet for the booster pump, which I no longer use; is that causing the problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.