dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Anybody have a recommendation on caulk?? My pool deck is up against my poured concrete foundation. Here is the layout. Looking overhead, there is the foundation, 1/2 inch expansion foam, decko drain, stamped concrete deck. The foam allows for the expansion and contraction of the deck. As designed, you peel off the top layer of the foam strip....about 3/4". So, between the poured concrete foundation and decko drain, I need to caulk. I supposed I need the kind that goes between poured concrete decks and brick coping??? Can I get this at Home Depot or lowes?? Any advise? Thanks, Doug

I would recommend a self-leveling caulk, such as Sonneborn NP1 or SL1. You can get it at just about any lumberyard.

I actually came in here to ask a different question about caulk. Inside my skimmer is a caulk joint that has failed. Is this just a latex caulk, or something special?
20140401_131328_resized.jpg

Polyurethane caulk will do best for both of you.

I don't like self-leveling as it will tend to sink after you are done with it.

Use masking tape on both sides of the joint and use a putty knife to make a professional looking surface.

Poly is messy but much better than acrylic for those applications.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.