Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with vacuuming an intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with vacuuming an intex pool

I have the manual vacuum you attach a hose to but the fine particles go through the bag. I attached a nylon stocking and it did a bit of a better job. I called the pool store and they said since I have an intex pool I can't use a more powerful vacuum through the pump. Any ideas how to get the fine sediment on the bottom of the pool? Thanks
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with vacuuming an intex pool

What pump do you have?

I assume at least the 1500gph (type A cart) since you show having a SWG.

If this or larger, there is no reason you can't use a suction side manual vacuum. Be aware that you will probably have to clean your cart (if you have one) at least once during the process.

Even before I started to hard plumb my pool, I was able to use a regular vacuum through the filter on my pool.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    What pump do you have?

I assume at least the 1500gph (type A cart) since you show having a SWG.

If this or larger, there is no reason you can't use a suction side manual vacuum. Be aware that you will probably have to clean your cart (if you have one) at least once during the process.

Even before I started to hard plumb my pool, I was able to use a regular vacuum through the filter on my pool.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I use my filter to vacuum the pool?
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

4. Back To Top    #4

You get a regular pool vacuum hose, vacuum head, and if needed, a telescoping pole to fit the head.

You'll probably need an adapter of some sort to fit the hose into the suction port (with screen removed).
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.