timer for stenner pump

Dec 28, 2013
apollo beach,fl
Hi,

i know i can rig up another intermatic T101 so it keeps time *and* can only turn the stenner on when the main is tripped to on.

For those using the plug in digital timers,etc how are you doing that? Is the plug always live and you are just relying on both timers time keeping or do some of these plugin timers have an internal battery to keep time and you ensure the plug outlet the timer is plugged into is only on when the main pump timer is on?

Hope that makes sense! thanks!

There are a couple of different solutions to this issue. The simplest, and least safe, is to get the timers in sync and hope they stay that way. Better choices include (in order of simplicity):

1) Wire the timer for the stunner so the timer it's self is always powered, but the circuit it switches is only powered when the pump is turned on. That way the stunner won't get power at all when the timers go out of sync.

2) Get a multi-channel timer, like an Intermatic P1353ME, so it is impossible for the two timers to go out of sync.

3) Get a current switched relay and put it in the stenner power circuit so the stunner is only powered when the pump is powered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.