Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: timer for stenner pump

1. Back To Top    #1

timer for stenner pump

Hi,

i know i can rig up another intermatic T101 so it keeps time *and* can only turn the stenner on when the main is tripped to on.

For those using the plug in digital timers,etc how are you doing that? Is the plug always live and you are just relying on both timers time keeping or do some of these plugin timers have an internal battery to keep time and you ensure the plug outlet the timer is plugged into is only on when the main pump timer is on?

Hope that makes sense! thanks!
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: timer for stenner pump

There are a couple of different solutions to this issue. The simplest, and least safe, is to get the timers in sync and hope they stay that way. Better choices include (in order of simplicity):

1) Wire the timer for the stunner so the timer it's self is always powered, but the circuit it switches is only powered when the pump is turned on. That way the stunner won't get power at all when the timers go out of sync.

2) Get a multi-channel timer, like an Intermatic P1353ME, so it is impossible for the two timers to go out of sync.

3) Get a current switched relay and put it in the stenner power circuit so the stunner is only powered when the pump is powered.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi jason thanks for the clarification! yep #1 is what i was planning to do, just wasn't sure if i was missing something =)

thanks for the info i'll read up on these other options too.
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Gosh I went the super easy way, and just attached my filter and pump to one digital timer and my peristaltic pump to another... I don't have an intelligent system though... Just the filter and pump....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven