Last week we got a dog from a rescue shelter - cute little puppy. The rescue vet gave her a clean bill of health. Just to be sure we scheduled a visit to our regular vet, which took place Tuesday. Today our vet tols us her stool sample tested positive for giardia.
She is not sypmtomatic, but the vet put her on antibiotics. Since she's been in our pool I want to do the same with it. Ph is about 7.2, which is supposed to help. But the CDC says to basically shock the pool. So, do I take the pool up to regular or mustard algae shock level? How long should I maintain shock levels? Anything else I should do? We're bleaching and/or throwing away the kids' pool toys, which I hope is overkill, but I don't want to do this again.