Question about closing a PebbleTec pool for winter

May 17, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Have a 25k gal gunite I'm having redone in two weeks with PebbleTec. Worried I may have overlooked something..... Pool gets drained slightly/winterized/covered every September and opened in April due to the large number of trees I have. The amount of leaves we get in the fall makes this a necessity. I know their warranty is fairly strict on maintaining chemistry year round. Are there serious issues with keeping a pebbletec pool covered for the winter season?

Welcome to TFP!

Sometimes there are issues during the first winter after the pebbletec is applied, but after that there shouldn't be any problems with winterizing. Just make sure your levels are all appropriate right before you winterize.

PebbleTec is a kind of plaster finish for pools that is filled with small rounded pebbles. After it is applied you end up only seeing the pebbles, and don't even notice the plaster. They have a wide variety of pebbles from all over the world sorted by color, so you can get all kinds of different colors and color combinations. It tends to be mildly annoying to walk on (though there are newer more expensive versions that mostly solve that issue), but looks absolutely amazing and lasts longer than normal plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.