Plaster being eaten away by return

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello,

I am a new gunite pool start up. The pool was plastered 5/5 (Quartz Finish). I have a bench and one of the returns is only about an 1 1/2 off the top of the bench where you would sit. I always thought that was wrong. Anyway, last night I noticed some discoloration on the bench right by the return. It turns out the force of the water is eating away the plaster. It is much rougher and pitted than the other areas which are quite smooth. I immediately pointed the return higher so it is rippling the surface water. The return was not directly hitting the bench, but the residual force was enough to do damage. Any suggestions on how to smooth of the area which is about the size of a baseball?

Thanks,
Doug

The pump is 1 1/2 horse. I sent a text to the guy who did my indoctrination and he said this won't happen when the plaster cures....but it's a little late for that advise. I'll reach out to the plaster company first, and if I get no where with them, I'll use the sandpaper as recommended....I just want to get rid of the roughness.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.