Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chemical question

1. Back To Top    #1

chemical question

Just want to make sure I am right with this calculator since I am new. I have read all the boards and the pool school but just in case. Here are my results before adding the chemicals the calculator states

FC 0.5
    PH 7.5
    CA 75
    TA 70 -----so I need to add all this baking soda????
    CYA 10 -
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

chemical question

Here's what I would do.
    1 Get your FC up to 3 ppm with bleach.
    2 Get your CYA level in the 30-50 ppm range. Aim for 40. It's middle of the road. Then adjust FC after it's dissolved. Target 7 and don't let it fall below 3.
    3 Leave your TA alone.
    Use Pool Math to figure the amounts of chem's to add.
    For the CYA addition put it in a sock or nylon knee high, that's what I use. And hang it in front of the return with the pump running until it's all dissolved.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: chemical question

great thanks again Jeff you are so full of knowledge I need you on speed dial lol anyway good morning

- - - Updated - - -

one more question should I add the calcium the calculator is recommending or should I wait on that
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

4. Back To Top    #4

With your vinyl liner pool you don't need to worry about the CH unless it gets really high. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

ok great that's what I thought I read just wanted to verify that part thanks again Jeff

6. Back To Top    #6

^^^ what Jeff said

How does your water look?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Agree with pwstrk! Get CYA up and raise FC and go swimming! Enjoy your pool!

Just noticed you're from PA too! I've noticed a lot of new members from PA!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

yay!! I can say after just a few days and the help of all of you and this site my pool chemicals are perfects using the BBB method. I am super excited since I am brand new at doing this Thank you so much for the support