What is this? Ground cloth or winter cover?

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa

Can you tell me what this black cover is? Is it a ground cloth or a winter cover? It feels like a heavy weight felt. We are hoping to have a second attempt at doing our pool build in about a week and I don't know where this may go. If it is a ground cloth - what is the consensus? Use it or just good sand for the pool bottom?

The second photo is the other cover that came with the pool. I am thinking this one may be the winter cover.

THANKS or your help!!

The first pic is a ground cloth. I actually like mine. It can protect the liner from fill dirt that has glass and stuff that can puncture the liner. I would use it over top of the sand base.

The second pic is the winter cover. :goodjob:

THANK YOU!!!

Another couple questions......the plastic coping (I think that is what it is called) that goes under the top rail and traps the liner on top of the steel wall - do those need to be replaced with a re-build (we bought a used pool)??? Or are they OK to re-use?

Also, where can I find a plumbing schematic of the BEST way to do the hard plumbing.....something that includes where to put valves and shut offs?

I would definitely use the ground cover. We put ours over a sand base and besides needing it for liner protection, it helped tremendously when smoothing out the liner during the install. I would also recommend using the styrofoam coves - another great and easy way to save extend the life of your liner. Here's a pic of our liner just after installing over the ground cover.
image.jpg

I would definitely use the ground cover. We put ours over a sand base and besides needing it for liner protection, it helped tremendously when smoothing out the liner during the install. I would also recommend using the styrofoam coves - another great and easy way to save extend the life of your liner. Here's a pic of our liner just after installing over the ground cover.
View attachment 29360

OK, we will use the ground cover. We have a deep end in our pool - will it work OK with the deep end? I don't know if this pool had a deep end previously or not.

We do have the previously used styrofoam coves and are planning on using them. I need to get some two sided tape to adhere it to the wall. I assume it is OK to re-use the styrofoam cove?

Can I also re-use the coping that goes on top of the wall?? The little plastic pieces that trap the liner to the wall?

THANKS for the help!!!

You sure can reuse the coping strips! ;) As far as using the ground cover in the deep end, you may have to cut it to fit with a utility knife and you may not have enough to go around the whole pool since you are adding a hopper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.