How much for monthly service?

I second what Zea said above. It's polite, and professional and there is no need to be rude about it.

Further, there is no room for guilt, it is a business decision pure and simple. Advice from a wise friend of mine was to keep emotion, feelings, and friendships OUT of business transactions. It isn't personal, it's just business. It was and still is very solid advice.

You sound like you could tackle this quite easily. I say give it a try, you can always call him or another service back again.

The cost of "pool service" varies a lot based on actual services rendered and local market - in Florida we paid $150 a month for pretty complete pool care (weekly brushing, vacuuming, chems) - there were other cheaper ones (down to $99/month) but since we weren't in residence all of the time we needed a very dependable service - pool was always very clear and well-maintained year round - now, same service here in the Charlotte NC area is more like $250/month - markets with large number of pools in the area tend to make these services competitive - if your current pool service is literally only doing brush/vacuum and not really maintaining pool chem, then that seems excessive

But, as others have said, study this web site, understand the dynamics, get a good test kit, say good bye to the pool guy, and don't look back - you'll save yourself a lot of the $1440/year and have a lot of satisfaction to boot

Forget the money for a second - your pool will be a lot healthier if you maintain it yourself and follow the techniques from this site. I'd also bet that it will look a lot better, too. This is my third year with a pool and third year with TCF. I still have "holy **** I can't believe how clear my water is" moments.

Forget the money for a second - your pool will be a lot healthier if you maintain it yourself and follow the techniques from this site. I'd also bet that it will look a lot better, too. This is my third year with a pool and third year with TCF. I still have "holy **** I can't believe how clear my water is" moments.

Amen to all that you said!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.