brand new filter question

What type of filter is it ? We recommend cleaning, back washing your filter when the pressure rises 25% above the clean pressure. All filter pressure's are different when they are clean so there is no pressure reading etched in stone.
If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that would be great. It will help us help you better ! ?

Hi Jeff I will def do that thank you. I Just purchased a brand new Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump and just installed and started it up tonight.

Thanks for adding the info. I would just remember, write down the clean pressure when you stared up and backwash when the pressure rises 25%. ?

ok so its fine that it started at 10 then just keep an eye on it. I was worried whew! thank so much!!! I didn't see any leaks and followed the instructions exactly and looks and sounds totally fine. Of course the book says to backwash at 7 so I started getting confused when it started up at 10. I will keep an eye on it for the increase then backwash. Thanks so much for the advice

After adding the new sand and hooking it up did you first do a backwash, rinse and then switch to filter? Any time you have new sand you should do that first. If you haven't, your "clean" pressure might be lower than it is now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.