Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: brand new filter question

1. Back To Top    #1

brand new filter question

we just started our new filter today and after starting it the pressure is reading 10 is this correct??? the book says at 7 it needs to be cleaned so I am confused? I am new at this and not sure please help

Tammy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: brand new filter question

What type of filter is it ? We recommend cleaning, back washing your filter when the pressure rises 25% above the clean pressure. All filter pressure's are different when they are clean so there is no pressure reading etched in stone.
    If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that would be great. It will help us help you better ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Jeff I will def do that thank you. I Just purchased a brand new Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump and just installed and started it up tonight.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by daily.tammy View Post
    Hi Jeff I will def do that thank you. I Just purchased a brand new Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump and just installed and started it up tonight.
    Thanks for adding the info. I would just remember, write down the clean pressure when you stared up and backwash when the pressure rises 25%. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

ok so its fine that it started at 10 then just keep an eye on it. I was worried whew! thank so much!!! I didn't see any leaks and followed the instructions exactly and looks and sounds totally fine. Of course the book says to backwash at 7 so I started getting confused when it started up at 10. I will keep an eye on it for the increase then backwash. Thanks so much for the advice
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

6. Back To Top    #6

After adding the new sand and hooking it up did you first do a backwash, rinse and then switch to filter? Any time you have new sand you should do that first. If you haven't, your "clean" pressure might be lower than it is now.

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons